Scanning & uploading work to moodle
Scanning work ready to upload to Moodle
If work is hand-written, it is possible to use a mobile phone and 'scanning' software to photograph the work, remove the background colours, and save as a PDF file
Scanning software will:
- remove background colours, so the work is easier to read
- rotate and crop the pages, so only the relevant parts are shown
- save the file as a PDF so that it is ready to upload to Moodle
How to scan
There are various apps available on phones for scanning documents; the videos below explain how to use two of these apps depending on the phone manufacturer:
Apple: built-in software - "Notes"
Android: free download - "CamScanner"
Uploading the work to a Moodle assignment
- Ensure you have logged in to moodle. On the home page, scroll down to find the relevant course, eg "GCSE History 2023"
- Scroll down to find the relevant assignment from your teacher and click on it:
- You will get a screen that shows the assignment; it may or may not show the grading criteria, any extra documents or details about any marking that's already happened. Click "add submission" to upload your work:
- You will get a screen that will allow you to click and select the file you want to upload; clicking the large blue arrow will allow you to select a file on your computer to upload:
- In the pop-up box, select 'Upload a file', 'Browse' for the file you want to upload and 'Upload this file':
- Make sure you 'Save changes'
- And check that the 'submission status' for the assignment changes to "Submitted for grading": That's it done.
Last modified: Thursday, 21 January 2021, 1:16 PM